Visual Communication Victoria is run by a council of volunteers who have experience in the teaching of Visual Communication. Its charge is to control and manage the business and affairs of the Association including memberships, finances, the annual conference, website, resources and professional learning activities. The structure of the Council consists of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Education Officer and 8 ordinary members.
Each year the officers of the Association and ordinary members of the committee are elected at the AGM. Other Council positions such as PD coordinator, Conference Coordinator, Resources Coordinator, CPTAV and ,Sponsorship Coordinator and other positions as required are appointed at the first meeting of the elected committee members. Each officer holds the position until the next AGM and is eligible for re-election.
The Council meets once a month to address the needs of members, be informed of learning and teaching developments in the area of Visual Communication and to plan and support professional learning initiatives for teachers.
In addition, the council also acts on behalf of the teaching and learning community by;
- Participating in the selection process for the VCE Season of Excellence – Top Designs;
- Liaising closely with both the Victorian Department of Education (DEECD) and Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA);
- Advocating for and in both state and national curriculum developments;
- Assisting in the facilitation of network groups for both metropolitan and country areas;
- Maintaining an informative and interactive web site.